Here's How Curbside Pickup Works:
1: Place your hold.
• Search the catalog for the item you want and click "Place Request".
• Not sure what you want? Use Ask a Librarian or call your favorite branch to ask for a recommendation based on your taste!
• Filling holds may take one full business day after the item is listed as available in our catalog. Thank you for your patience!
2: Wait for your hold notification.
• Do not come to the library until you receive your notification!
• We highly recommend using email notifications because they contain detailed instructions. You can use them in addition to text message notifications. Here's how.
• You'll have 7 days to pick up your holds once you receive your notification.
3: Drive to the library and call the number on the curbside pickup sign, or use the library app to let us know you're on your way. (Curbside through the app available at Merrillville Branch only, Monday-Saturday)
• If you leave your vehicle we will not deliver your items.
• Don't call or tap "I'm Here" in the app until you're actually in one of the special curbside parking spots, even if you have to wait for someone else to pull away!
• If you're calling in, have your library card number ready. We'll need you to read it to us to make sure you get the right items.
• If you won't be able to exit your vehicle to get the items from the hook due to mobility concerns, please let staff know at this time. We'll work with you to hand off your items safely.
4: A staff member will arrive shortly and hang your items on the hook in front of your vehicle.
• Don't attempt to return materials during your pick up. Use the drop boxes instead.
5: Enjoy your library items!